August 31, 2015
Norwell MS CC Invite Wednesday 9/2
Let’s plan to be there around 4:00. Note there is a $3 admission charge. Also drink plenty of water this week to stay hydrated. This meet is for Varsity only and the remainder of the team will have practice as usual at Shoaff Park.
12TH ANNUAL NORWELL MIDDLE SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY INVITATIONAL WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2, 2015
Location: Norwell Middle School
Race Schedule: 4:00 Course Opens
(Tentative) 4:45 Coaches meet at the timing trailer
5:00 Girls reserve race
5:30 Boys reserve race
6:00 Girls varsity race
6:30 Boys varsity race
- Please drop athletes near the white maintenance garages on the east side of the NHS football field.
- A staff member will meet buses and distribute race packets/envelopes at this location.
- This staff member will also direct buses from this point to the NORTH LOT for parking.
- Each participating school will be given packets/envelopes when they drop athletes at the white maintenance garages.
On arrival, please meet NMS staff member near maintenance garages as stated above.
- All runners will be assigned a timing chip and race bib. Only 7 will run as varsity runners. All other participants will run in the reserve race.
- Runners are to attach the timing chip with the twist ties exactly the way it is shown in attached photo.
- Event workers will catch each runner at the finish chute corral area, providing them with water and removing their chips. A $30 fee will be applied for any timing chip not returned.
- Runners with timing chips should not be anywhere near the finish line when they are not racing!
- Only coaches and participants are allowed on the course during the races. Teammates and fans are to stay within the designated areas.
- Lane assignments will be communicated to coaches upon arrival at the meet.
The awards ceremony will be held at the NHS Soccer Field after the boys’ varsity race.
Enter near the scoreboard and U.S. Flag.
Please have your runners seated on the west sideline in front of the bleachers.
Spectators may be seated in the soccer bleachers.
Trophies to the top four individuals in each race
Custom medals to finishers five through ten in each race
Ribbons to finishers eleven through twenty in each race
Team Trophies to the winner and runner-up in each race
Team Ribbons to the top three teams in each race
Concessions: snacks and drinks will be available.
Shirts: NMS invitational Tshirts will be sold during the event.
Teams Participating: Adams Central, Bellmont, Bluffton, Carroll, East Jay, Indian Springs, Maple Creek, New Haven, South Adams, St. Charles, Woodside, Norwell
Dressing Facilities: There will be no dressing facilities for athletes, but restrooms and water will be available.
Admission: The admission fee is $3.00 per person.